With an appearance reminiscent of the Sideshow Bob’s hair(from the Simpsons), Aloe Vera is a curious-looking plant, indeed. It’s an evergreen perennial species originating from the Arabian Peninsula. Nowadays, however, it’s grown everywhere in the world, mostly due to its health and cosmetic worth, so to speak.
In this article, we’ll delve deeper into the mysteries surrounding of this cheeky-looking plant, and reveal why so many people flock to the beauty and health products derived from its juices. Oh yes, and we’ll also give you a top 5 list of the best Aloe Vera-based juices!
Right then, without further ado, let’s get right into 5 Best Aloe Vera Juices
1. OKF Farmers – Aloe Vera Drink Flavored Variety Pack
Neatly poured into 16.9 ounce bottles, the OKF Farmer’s Aloe Vera drinks come in five different flavors. Namely, we’re talking about: pomegranate, strawberry, watermelon, pineapple, as well as the original flavor of Aloe Vera itself.
The manufacturers at OKF Farmers managed to squeeze up to 25% of Aloe Vera into each of the bottles. (That’s 25% of a full bottle’s weight, of course) Thanks to this technological marvel, or possibly it might be witchcraft even, the OKF Farmer’s Aloe Vera juices feature a special pulpy feel which is refreshing as well as healthy for you.
If you’re worried that this rather plump percentage of the plant itself being thrown into every lil bottle will mean loads of calories, don’t be- because each serving of these Aloe Vera-based juices (regardless of the taste in question) contains only about 50 calories grand total!
Therefore, if you’re planning on losing weight, including these juices into your diet can make a world of difference for you. You could even replace an entire meal with a bottle of this juice, as the fibers inside will keep you well-nourished. Hydration goes without question, of course.
- Contains leaf pulp
- Comes in five flavors
- Tastes delicious
- Rich with fibers
- Some people may find the flavor to be too sweet
2. ALO – Aloe Vera Drink Variety (Pack of 12)
Featuring a simple recipe that relies on only natural ingredients and mixtures of fruits, the Aloe Vera Drink Variety pack represents a bundle of healthy beverages based on Aloe Vera. In order to preserve as many of the natural nutrients from the plant, these drinks are made of both Aloe Vera juices and its pulp, which adds the beverage a special kind of texture.
When it comes to the actual flavors these juices come in, the folks at ALO made three different versions of the beverage. They all represent pairs of two flavors, so there’s actually six different major ingredients used in the whole package.
So, here’s the lot- you’ve got: 1) original Aloe Vera + honey, 2) watermelon + peach, and 3) mangosteen + mango. Of course, all of these juices are based on Aloe Vera, but the last two simply have different flavors added.
Other than that, as you can see in the title of this entry, this is a bundle o’ twelve bottles, so if you decide to buy it, you’ll get four of each!
- Made out of Aloe Vera pulp and juice
- Comes in three different flavors
- Contains Aloe Vera particles
- Some people might not appreciate the tiny bits of the plant inside their beverage
3. Aubrey Organics –Pure Aloe Vera Liquid (118 ml)
Occupying the third spot on our list, this Aloe Vera liquid does not come in the form of a juice, but rather represents a moisturizing crème for skin. According to the manufacturers, you can apply this product to your skin or use it as sort of a shampoo. Its main effect is moisturizing, so wherever you choose to apply it, you should be happy to know that the area will get plenty of hydration.
First off, let’s just mention the fact that this product is 98% organic and based on fresh leaves of the Aloe Vera plant which the Aubrey Organics folks managed to squeeze into shampoo bottle-sized, well, bottles. What’s more, the mixture the chemists at Aubrey Organics came up with has been favorably-viewed and more importantly- officially recognized for its quality by the International Aloe Science Council!
- Hydrates your skin and hair
- Works particularly well to nurture sun-burnt skin
- This product has not been tested on animals
- Highly-efficient for oily and sensitive complexions
- Some users may find its smell unpleasant
4. Aloe Life – Cherry Berry Organic Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate
If we were to judge this juice solely on its packaging, it wouldn’t necessarily fare all that well, in all fairness. It sort of looks like those odd chemical mixtures you use to repel cats and stray dogs off your lawn. Now, even though it may not be packaged in the pretties of bottles out there, the Aloe Life’s Whole Leaf Juice Concentrate has got plenty to offer when it comes to the liquid itself. (Which is what really counts, of course.)
Since extensive tests about the actual benefits of Aloe Vera’s juice on your health haven’t really been done yet, we’ll have to take the following assertions on the part of the manufacturer with a grain of salt. Namely, according to the Aloe Life folks, their Aloe Vera juice concentrate can help with your digestion and absorption of food if you decide to take it before your meals.
Also, they claim that this cherry-flavored concoction can reduce the yeast overgrowth in your stomach and even help with allergies and skin irritations. Overall, this beverage was imagined as a supplement to your normal diet, so it shouldn’t be taken as a dietary product instead of your regular meals.
- Allegedly helps with immune system, battles acne
- Improves digestion
- Made from high-quality certified Aloe leaves
- Safe for all age groups
- As with other Aloe-based products, some people don’t really like the taste
5. Aloe Life – GoldWhole Leaf Juice Concentrate
Representing the last entry on this list, we’ve got another product from the Aloe Life company. This time around, though, the taste is not cherry but rather the original Aloe Vera flavor. The package is the same sort that the entry above came in, for the record.
When it comes to the health benefits this juice allegedly has on your body, the Aloe Life folks list a number of points that are slightly different than those for the previous product. Namely, if you take this juice regularly, it can improve your digestion and help fight gut bacteria (especially Candida).
- Supports healthy digestion
- Battles unwanted yeast overgrowths in your gut (particularly Candida)
- Contains over 100 active ingredients
- Rich in Calcium and Magnesium
- Some users don’t really appreciate the somewhat bitter taste
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Even though the actual health benefits resulting from the consumption of Aloe Vera juices are still pretty much disputed by the scientific community, there’s a large number of people that claim that drinking the juice extracted from this plant has numerous benefits on your digestion and overall health. Let’s see what these claims are in more detail, shall we:
1) Improves Liver Function – Liver is organ in our body that’s in charge of filtration and detoxification. Since Aloe Vera helps hydrate and nourish your body, it accelerates the liver function and helps it in getting rid of harmful toxins in our systems.
2) Enhances Your Body’s Alkalinity – the battle between alkalinity and acidity in our bodies is a never-ending one. In order to stay healthy, it’s important to keep the levels of acidity at bay, as too much acid has been linked to numerous health conditions. Aloe Vera is rich in alkalis, so it naturally tips the scales more in favor of alkalinity!
3) Works against Constipation – One of the best ways to keep your digestion healthy is too simply drink plenty of water. Hydration, in general, is quite important for battling both constipation and diarrhea (oddly enough). Since Aloe Vera is a great source of hydration, it goes without saying that it will help with constipation issues.
4) Cleanses Your Skin – Aloe Vera juice is full of vitamins and minerals, so crèmes and gels made out of it can improve the health of your skin. Thanks to its hydration capabilities and the aforementioned minerals and vitamins, and you’ve got yourself a concoction that battles acne and psoriasis.
5) Hydration – Even though we’ve already mentioned it, let’s just reiterate once again that Aloe Vera is a great source of water that can hydrate and revitalize your skin as well as your internal organs. If you can handle the taste, drinking Aloe Vera-based juices may be beneficial for your health in the long run!
Possible Side Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
While Aloe Vera juice is mostly known for its excellent health benefits, some people may experience certain adverse effects after consuming it. In this section, we’ll see what those are:
1) Drop in Blood Sugar – Aloe Vera is known to have laxative effects on your digestive system, so drinking its juice may lead to a drop in your blood sugar levels. Therefore, if you’re a diabetic, make sure to consult your doctor before deciding to consume Aloe Vera-based juices on a daily basis.
2) Works as a Laxative – Sometimes, drinking a juice that has laxative effects may be beneficial for our gut, especially if you have constipation. Consuming too much of it, however, can lead to diarrhea and with it dehydration.
3) Stomach Discomfort – Aloe Vera juice has a very particular taste, partly due to the fact that it contains latex. In people with sensitive digestive tracts, latex can cause cramps and abdominal discomfort, so if you fall into the category of people with sensitive tummies, make sure to consult a physician or a nutritionist before indulging yourself with large quantities of Aloe Vera juice!
4) Lowers Potassium in your System – Since Aloe Vera juice is known to decrease the levels of potassium in our body, drinking too much of it can lead to fatigue and general weakness. Again, if you feel weak after drinking Aloe Vera juice, consult your physician for advice on how you should proceed with consuming it further.
In conclusion, Aloe Vera juice is an ingredient found inbeverages across the world, and it’s been used in medicine and beauty productsfor centuries. Hopefully, this article helped you find the perfect Aloe Verajuice and learn more about its uses and health benefits, as well as thepossible negative effects. We wish you a merry and hassle-free purchase!